Data from the newly-published USGS PAD-US 2.0 has enabled the development of a poster highlighting federal recreation lands and waters in the U.S. Developed by GreenInfo Network for the National Park Service, the brochure is 32″x 20″. It displays a map of the recreation lands and waters managed by seven federal agencies on one side and provides an overview of each agency and the recreation opportunities it offers on the other side, along with information about Recreation.gov which is the U.S. government’s one-stop recreation reservation site.
Preparing the map involved coordination between the National Park Service, Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. To read more about this project, here’s the description on the GreenInfo website.
Thanks to USGS for the PAD-US 2.0 federal lands data as the mapping frame for this product!
The finished poster (updated as final in October 2018), showing front (map) and back (description) sides:
Download the poster by choosing from these Dropbox links – if Google Drive files are better to access, see that link below (NOTE: these are updated as of October 26, 2018):
1. Screen resolution JPG files of each side of the brochure (zip file with front and back JPGs), for general presentation or other simple uses.
2. Reduced (screen) resolution PDF files of the brochure (front/map and back/description), not appropriate for printing beyond page or possibly tabloid (11″x17″) size – note that when viewing the map side onscreen you may notice font artifacts at certain scales but these do not appear in prints; use the JPGs for display only and these PDFs for small-size prints.
3. Files suitable for offset printing full-size (32″x20″) on CMYK printing devices – individual PDFs: front/map side (37 mb) and back/description side (359 mb). Note: these are CMYK-based files and may show some color variation if printed on inkjet plotters. The files include crop marks. When used in offset printing, consider printing with these specifications: 22″ x 30″ final cut sheet, with bleeds on 100# dull or gloss book paper, 4/4+AQ coating. The front side print file is designed to be used with a spot color (Pantone 2168c, close to CMYK 91 44 30 57) for the blue outside banner.
4. A file of the front side (79mb) suitable for printing on large-format inkjet plotters. This is not a CMYK file and has no crop marks. The back side can be printed on inkjet printers using the offset version above.
5. PDF files indicating folding patterns for offset printing processes, if desired, are available here.
Google Drive versions of these files are here. See the 1_Readme file in the folder for details.